About Me

My photo
Ashley Connor is the name. Freelance writing is my game. I have a bachelors degree in Journalism from Clarion University of Pennsylvania |S/O CU c/o 2009| -- It's now 2014 and my life has truly taken it's own path. I've learned through everything you can't always plan your next move but whatever the move is make it your best. In this day and age it's all too often we focus on what's "Hot" instead of what has been, what is and what will be. I have a lot of projects I am currently working on and while I continue to make my way I always have this blog, a place to keep me grounded in the woman I am continuously working to be. I was here.

Friday, September 7, 2012

VOTE!

Well, it has been a long time since I've logged on to this blog. I felt it was very appropriate for me to finally post something before I have one of those milestone Birthday's pass. In a week I will be 25 years old. I can't believe it. More than ever now I have such a strong sense of self and what I want out of life. It's been a trying past six months but as I always say, "Giving up isn't an option."

Well what do I want to talk about? This upcoming presidential election. After watching the Republicans and the Democrats national conventions I couldn't be more ready to for one, get my on camera career on the move. It's clear to me that politics are my thing. I am more than interested in them and I hate that so many aren't aware of what is going on.Secondly, I want to make a difference in how my community views our government and how we can make things work for us. We all know there are lies and stretched truths that come from both sides. What is important is that people hear both sides and make the best decision for yourself and CHECK THE FACTS! They are out there!

We aren't too far away from the times when the only people who could vote were white men. Many of us still have our grandparents who witnessed times like that. What I want to address is the people who chose to not vote. My question for you is, why not? So many people have fought and/or died for this right that truly does make a difference. Have you ever thought that you don't see results that positively effect you because you don't vote? The people who are catered to are the majority of who votes. Of course you have the people with BIG money but that is only 1% of the population. The government does what we LET them do. It's clear and simple. They make it so confusing so YOU don't get involved.

When thinking about what I wanted to write in this blog on politics I wanted to make sure that I gave a non-bias thought on voting. Your choice, is your choice but either way you need to make one. Money makes the world go 'round and where is our money? In the hands of some politician. (No, not literally but in my opinion technically.) You see those deductions on your pay stub every payday! Whether you vote or not they WILL take your money and use it how they please. So why not take a stand on how that is used. We won't be afforded some of the things that our grandparents had the opportunity to take care of. Retirement for our generation is a long time away. God willing we make it to that point. Changes being made about your life and what you can do with it are made by people who will never come to you and ask, "Does this work for you?" So how do you let them know if it works? Vote them IN or OUT of office!! Again, these people are there because WE put them there.

For me, voting is very important. I have voted in every election since I turned 18. Yes, every year I am in some voter booth casting my vote!! The local politics are even more important because that effects you directly. The president has a small impact on your immediate life. We normally don't feel those decisions until months, even years after changes are made.

So, overall, I just want you to know that your vote is important! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get out and vote November 6th!! Get your PHOTO ID! You have TWO DISTINCT DIFFERENCES TO DECIDE ON! Take your pick!

No comments:

Post a Comment