About Me

My photo
Ashley Connor is the name. Freelance writing is my game. I have a bachelors degree in Journalism from Clarion University of Pennsylvania |S/O CU c/o 2009| -- It's now 2014 and my life has truly taken it's own path. I've learned through everything you can't always plan your next move but whatever the move is make it your best. In this day and age it's all too often we focus on what's "Hot" instead of what has been, what is and what will be. I have a lot of projects I am currently working on and while I continue to make my way I always have this blog, a place to keep me grounded in the woman I am continuously working to be. I was here.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Goodbye 2011 >>>> Hello 2012

Out with the old and in with the new! That seems to be the general mindset of most when a new year is upon us. Hence my urge to give my blog a face lift. It works with my theme for this blog, "Out with the Old in with the NEW!" The last design wasn't me... so I fixed it! It is a work in progress but the look now is DEFINITELY more ME :-)

So..... how should I start this one? Of course! I have to reflect on this past year! I started this blog in March of this year and I must say it was ONE of my best decisions in 2011. I was able to show a different side of myself to those around me. The responses that I get from my blog are wonderful, I truly appreciate all of the words of encouragement. So first and foremost I thank whoever you are reading this right now. Your support is never unnoticed and little do you know when life gets hard I think of people like you, encouraging me to keep striving. I like to consider myself a pretty independent woman but I wouldn't be anything without God, my family and friends supporting me every step of the way. I couldn't thank you enough!

When I take the time to realize the wisdom I have gained this year alone, it amazes me! I'm nowhere near the Ashley I was a year ago and to anticipate the new lessons that 2012 will bring only makes me more eager to live life. I appreciate the good and bad in life because of the lesson(s) learned; it is a great aspect to living life. I'm only 24 and I am so sure of myself and what I want to do that I have a hard time being patient.

2011 has been a whirlwind! Filled with ups and downs, certainly the ups outweigh the downs. I gained new friends and let go of some of the old. I learned more than likely things will NOT go as planned and to only focus on the things I have control over. I gained a new outlook on perception and reality because there IS a BIG difference (That statement STILL hits me like I never heard it before). I also learned that I can't force things to happen, as much as I may try to move on something if it is not in God's plan there is nothing I can do but have patience and let time take its course. I have come a long way and I know I still have a ways to go, I'm on the right path though.

As we bring in 2012 I just want to say no matter what you do in your life at the end of the day YOU are your number one priority (unless you have a kid). Every decision you make has a consequence and whatever the consequence make sure you can handle it and you can look yourself in the mirror afterwards. If it doesn't feel right DO NOT DO IT! Be happy, Be healthy and BE YOU! Happy New Years!

1 comment: