About Me

My photo
Ashley Connor is the name. Freelance writing is my game. I have a bachelors degree in Journalism from Clarion University of Pennsylvania |S/O CU c/o 2009| -- It's now 2014 and my life has truly taken it's own path. I've learned through everything you can't always plan your next move but whatever the move is make it your best. In this day and age it's all too often we focus on what's "Hot" instead of what has been, what is and what will be. I have a lot of projects I am currently working on and while I continue to make my way I always have this blog, a place to keep me grounded in the woman I am continuously working to be. I was here.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Life Lessons

So I'm long overdue for this... wasn't really sure what I wanted to write about next.

The past few months have been a whirlwind for me. I constantly recognize a change in myself and for me I feel it is for the better. I'm becoming more blunt and I don't hold my tongue. Sometimes things might not come out the best way but if I said it and however I said it, it needed to be said. I have realized I won't put up with anything I don't want to and some people can agree and others won't... I don't really care!

I am currently going through one of the hardest moments in my life. I have a constant drive and it is honestly ALL I AM FOCUSED ON. What I am going through I know takes TIME. So my patience, humbleness and faith are all I have to get me through.

STRESS... I have enough of it so I have chose to eliminate the things in my life that stress me out that I have control over. What put the icing on the cake for me was when I went to church this past Sunday, July 31, 2011. For one I haven't been to church in a long time and that was also something else that was LONG overdue for me to do. It was a message that I needed to hear and it just gave me more confidence in the decisions that I have been making. The scripture was taken from 2 Kings Chapter 4: 1-7. It was a story of a woman who had two problems, one she couldn't change and the other she could. She asked a servant of the Lord for help and what he did was give her advice & not the answer. She listened and the problem that she could change was solved, the other was a dead situation and she had to make due with what she had. When something is dead and there is nothing you can do about it you have to let go. Holding on to something that isn't helping you or is bringing you down only holds you back. When you have a situation that you can do something about you fix it! The message I heard touched me and it gave me a sense of peace with a lot of things in my life. As much as I stress I always get through and when I do make a decision that may not have been the best one I learn from it.

I have learned to appreciate things and people for what it may be and I can't expect too much from anyone but myself. People change and that is life because we all have a different outlook on what we call life. At the end of the day I learned a lesson and that is always be true to myself and I don't have to please anyone but myself & God.

No comments:

Post a Comment